Our 125g Savon de Marseille Lotus Flower Soap is enriched with soothing and moisturizing BIO Shea Butter.
Summer is now in full swing with plenty of sunshine which brings us into nature. Here, at The Candle Tree, we have a lovely lotus flower soap to inspire and add floral fragrance to your summer skincare routine. Our all natural, 100% vegetable soap enriches your skin with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. Suitable for all skin types, French Lotus Flower soap both exfoliates and purifies the pores to improve skin health.
The soap is infused with shea butter to help soften and moisturise your skin, leaving you with a natural glow. Shea butter is used to keep skin in good condition and is particularly useful for applying to sun damaged skin or skin that is dehydrated, as it helps with skin elasticity. Overall, a wonderful ingredient to form the basis of this beautifully scented soap.
The Lotus Flower
Known scientifically as Nelumbo nucifera, the lotus (also called “Indian lotus”) is an aquatic perennial not to be confused with the water lily. The lotus is native to southern Asia and Australia. India and Vietnam chose it as their national flower. The roots are planted in the soil of the pond or river bottom, while the leaves emerge on the top of the water surface. Lotuses are considered “heat-producing” plants, and can sustain a temperature of 86-95 degrees Fahrenheit even while the outside temperature is only 50˚ F.
Lotus Flower Skin Benefits
Ancient Hindu and Buddhist writings linked the lotus flower to serenity and purity. It's also said to have soothing and calming properties. In skin care, lotus cleanses and purifies, while providing the antioxidant protection that we gain from so many natural botanical ingredients. The lotus is full of compounds that benefit the skin, including antioxidants, flavonoids, fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Like most natural plant ingredients, it provides many benefits at once:
- Antioxidants: Lotus flower extract is rich in antioxidants, and the fragrant lotus acts as a skin conditioner.
- Balances: Natural products infused with lotus can not only help control our sebum production, balancing out oily skin, but can hydrate and improve elasticity as well.
- Vitamin A: the lotus root contains vitamin A which helps reduce inflammation and promotes healing.
- Purifies: Use lotus on your skin and you may notice a minimized appearance of your pores and your face feeling more fresh and vibrant.
- Soothes: The lotus has natural moisture that conditions and hydrates.
- Exfoliates: Like hibiscus, lotus has natural alpha-hydroxy acids that help exfoliate and restore a youthful look.
- Firms and tightens: The proteins in lotus help firm and tighten.
Along with this fabulously floral lotus soap, we also have a large range of other wonderful high quality French soaps for you to try. Wash away your worries, relax, close your eyes and let your body absorb the natural ingredients of our fabulous soaps! See link below for more soaps: